Princeton University Press (PUP) is proud to offer competitive publishing internships in several department areas, including editorial, production, promotions and sales.
In this program, students observe firsthand the inner workings of a major university press and learn about all aspects of the publishing industry. Interns must commit to working 15 hours every week and will be paid $10 per hour.
The specific start and end date for PUP summer internships is variable, depending on each intern’s respective academic schedule.
Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 Internships
- None available at this time
The perks of being a PUP intern!
- Robust orientation program which introduces interns to the Press and to publishing in a concrete way.
- Informational sessions and Q&A’s about the different departments at the Press, presented by PUP employees. Through these sessions the intern is able to get a feel for the processes and complexity involved in acquiring a manuscript, taking it through production to a published book, and then marketing, publicizing and selling the book.
- Attendance at all large meetings is highly encouraged where interns gain insight into decision-making processes. Meetings include our seasonal press-wide book launch and sales conference, as well as weekly meetings covering new acquisitions and marketing plans.
- Supervisors who act as mentors, providing support and advice, and who work to further the intern’s appreciation and understanding of academic publishing.
- Celebratory lunch at the end of the program with interns, Press colleagues, and a member of PUP’s senior management.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, July 21st.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For the Fall 2019 session, we are currently only accepting applications for internships in the following departments: Editorial, Production & Textbook Promotion/Marketing.
Applications will only be accepted in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formatting. Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com, and indicate which department(s) you are applying for an internship.